Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Galapagos to Nuku Hiva: Day 19 - so...close...

Sunday, April 28, 2013

I can't believe how close we are now to Nuku Hiva. It almost felt like we would never arrive. That we would be out there forever, sailing into the endless horizon of water. It is incomprehensible, the amount of ocean there is in this world. I remember when I was very young, I would look at the consumption rate of people and multiply it by the number of people on earth and wonder how it was the earth didn't totally dry up.

I found out my iPad has a world clock app on it that states what the time is currently around the world. It even had Nuku Hiva time. Gary and I were two and a half hours off and had to set our watches back that much today. The Marquesas have 'Half time zones' that go up and down by a half-hour (hence the two and a half hour change).

My god, we have sailed across three and a half time zones since Galapagos!

This is where we are right now according to my iPad GPS:


No comments:

Post a Comment