Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Galapagos: Day 10 - Getting ready to goooooo

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

We woke up to find we had lost our stern anchor at some point in the night. I guess the "sand bottom" here at Admiralty Bay is a little more rocky as our anchor rode had been torn in two. We must have been swinging around all night, but luckily didn't hit any other boats. I tried snorkelling down to get the anchor, but there was no way I could go down over 20 feet. We had to pay a snorkeler to go down and get it.

Today was spent doing some more provisioning and some work around the boat again. Jan flew out around 11:00am, and it was just Gary and I after that.

I did some laundry in the morning, "Adrian style".



Gary and I spent the afternoon fiddling with the damn genneker again. Here is what this beast looks like as of now:

The plastic ring around the mouth of the sock was ready to go, so we repaired it by securing a really rigid piece of nylon line around its circumference. We actually did a pretty decent job and it worked quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment