Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Galapagos to Nuku Hiva: Day 18 - Bumble Bee Tuna

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I snagged a tuna today. I've never experienced a fish that fought as hard as this thing, I thought I had a shark or something on the line. I unfortunately lost him though when he was near the boat. I think I had the resistance a bit to high as he just snapped the line.

This won't happen again Tuna...

I am reminded of the movie Jaws, when they are first on the boat hunting him. Every thirty seconds or so, we hear a few suspicious clicks from the fishing rod, but then nothing. (It's the waves/swells in our case, not Jaws).

Just a couple days left at sea! We will likely arrive in Nuku Hiva early on Tuesday. My god, that will be an incredible moment, when we first sight land.

We realized it will be May 1st the day after we arrive in Nuku Hiva, which is a big French holiday (May Day) where everything closes for a day of festivities. I wonder if/how French Polynesia celebrates it. We will get to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment