Tuesday, November 20, 2012

St. Maarten: Day 1

November 16, 2012



So I'm an idiot and left my backpack at Jimbo's bar overnight on Thursday. Of course it wasn't there in the morning. I was freaking out pretty bad because I thought my wallet and passport were in it. I reported it to the marina staff and offered a reward for its return. I was lucky to find my passport and wallet in my cabin on the boat, but my GoPro (and all its contained memories) were in the backpack. Luckily I had left it right in front of their security cameras, so they reviewed the tapes, found the guy and 'persuaded' him to admit he had it. I had the backpack in my possession again by the end of the day. I never met the thief, but I told them to not charge the guy or anything and to thank him for confessing. Everyone makes their mistakes.

I guess the thief had clicked "record" on the GoPro when examining it and didn't realize it, because I now have the CREEPIEST video ever on there. Here is a screenshot of it as I'd rather not put this guy on my youtube account...

I met up with Minnie and Rick from the NARC rally and we did a little bar-hopping that night. The coolest bar in my opinion was La Bamba. It has a big bar and dance floor right on the beach with a big fire pit. We would swim in the ocean, then run up to the fire when cold. I didn't see much of Tuffy or Stan (my crew mates) this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment