Monday, November 5, 2012

Newport to Bermuda: Day 2

November 2, 2012

I woke up around 10am today with a pretty solid 3-4 hours sleep. This is supposedly a lot of sleep at sea. Shockingly, I felt very well rested though.

We hit the Gulf Stream early in the afternoon. Temperature has definitely gone up, but the seas are MEAN. Winds are hitting up to 30 knots and the swells have got to be 15-20 feet. I almost got knocked off the boat when a rogue swell launched me out of the cockpit only to be saved by the pushpit.

My seasickness has pretty much vanished now. I was able to hang out in the cabin and make coffee. I even put a few sandwiches down that Hank made for everyone. It's been Hank, Eugene, and I in the cockpit all day.
Ron is still lying down ill, but says he's starting to feel better. Stan has yet to rise from his slumber, he's been sleeping for over 30 hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment