Sunday, March 31, 2013

Panama to Galapagos: Day 2 - Dolphins!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

We had dolphins swim along side our boat a few times today. The one time though, it was as if they were all on speed. It was the most amazing dolphin acrobatic show I had ever seen. You couldn't get a show that good at Sea World. The pod must have had 20 dolphins in it.

Contrary to weather forecasts, we had some decent wind today and were able to get the jib sail up. Also, contrary to weather reports, the current has been in our favour and has been dead on the stern all day. So we were able to hit up to 8 knots today. We have officially left the Bay of Panama and are in the Pacific Ocean!

I put the fishing rod out today, but didn't get any bites. There was this weird pink slime on the line when I reeled it in at the end of the day though. It was really tough, and I couldn't knock it off with a screwdriver. I have no idea what it is, so I didn't want to touch it. Almost like little pink sea slugs or something. The ocean is a weird place...

1 comment: