Tuesday, March 12, 2013

lsla Mujeres to Panama: Day 1 - Departure

Monday, March 4, 2013

I wanted to get some exercising in before leaving and being sedentary at sea for 7 or 8 days, so I got up at 4:30am and did a big workout, and then went for a run.

We departed at 7:00am sharp on Monday, March 4th. Everything went smoothly, and after refuelling and everything, we were on our way at around 8:00am.

Goodbye Isla Mujeres!

The weather was really nice all day, but the southerly wind put us head-to-wind all day and therefore we just motored the whole day.

I put a line out again today in hopes of catching some fish. We decided enough child's play, and brought out the big reel. I used a Rapala Magnum lure that worked beautifully. It resembles a small Mahi Mahi and swims a few feet below the surface with just enough tease.

I didn't catch anything today though...

No comments:

Post a Comment