Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Isla Mujeres to Panama: Day 2 - Mahi Mahi!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I had the 3am to 6am watch, so I got to witness a beautiful sunrise. There weren't many clouds in the sky, so the colours were vibrant. It was like a huge rainbow that spanned the entire sky.



I cast the line out again shortly after my shift at helm, and caught my first Mahi Mahi at around 10am!

It is a female and looks to be around 10 pounds.

There seems to be some rough weather from the North coming in, bring in northerly waves. When this storm hits us, we would be in a very coral-y area and being hit by easterly waves, creating a dangerous 'washing machine' efpatchy, shallow waters. So we have decided to head north-east for now and take shelter just north of Cayman Islands, which is just a day and a half away. We are either going to anchor or hove-to there and wait out the storm. It'll be a good time to get some swimming in (and maybe cook up this Mahi Mahi that I caught)!

No comments:

Post a Comment