Sunday, March 3, 2013

Isla Mujeres: Day 9 - Last Day

Today is our last full day in Isla Mujeres. We are trying to get everything done today, so tomorrow we can just get up, fuel up, and head out for Panama.

A cold front has come through, so it's been really cold the last couple days here. That means it's time to move more south!

Gary and I spent most of the day fixing up and replacing the wiring to and from the alternator (and regulator). It hasn't been working since half-way through our last passage and we haven't determined the problem yet. We have a work-around to charge our batteries using the generator, but we'd like to have the alternator working too.



Jan and Minnie took care of the provisioning.

We went out for a 'last night' sunset dinner here at a restaurant off of North Beach.

The drinks were huge. They were like monster fish bowls raised on a pedestal. I had a Pina Colada after my Margarhita.

I ordered the catch of the day, which was grouper. I wasn't expecting TWO fish to be on my plate! I finished it all though, like a trooper.

It is about 850 nautical miles to Panama, so this will officially be my longest offshore passage. It should take roughly 7 days if wind is decent for us. I am really looking forward to seeing Panama and all the exotic animals there (especially monkeys and sloths).

No comments:

Post a Comment