Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Panama: Day 2 - Monkeys!

I got up nice and early this morning, and hit the gym before going on a run alone through the jungle.

I wasn't totally comfortable at first, it'd be kind of difficult running from a jaguar when you are already tired. I ended up not seeing much animal-wise though. I did see a really bright blue butterfly (Blue Verio?) and some yellow canary-looking bird.

I also saw a huge group of buzzards (I think) near the marina fighting over a what looked like a chunk of meat. I didn't go to close.

The morning was spent filling some unused screw holes in the transom with epoxy. We still have to fix the weather stripping back there, but need to wait 12 hours for the epoxy to totally harden in place. It was not easy getting the epoxy off my hands afterwards.

I went for a walk to the lesser-travelled abandoned military jail again, this time with Gary and Jan. We saw a TON of monkeys, fairly close this time too. It must be some sort of monkey territory, because this is the only place I have seen monkeys so far (And I've seen them both times I was there). Maybe it's a monkey prison?



Here is a better shot of that big-ass spider I saw yesterday. Same guy, same place.

I didn't know bamboo grew here, I always thought of it as an Asian thing.

It seems that the US military base is still somewhat in use. I guess they land here from time to time? This view had an eerie Vietnam-feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment