Friday, November 22, 2013

New Zealand: Day 5 - Wellington

Saturday, November 23, 2013

I caught an overnight bus at 12:05am which arrived in Wellington at 7:00am. I thought I could just sleep through it and be in Wellington in the morning. But, it was a nightmare. The seats barely reclined and I had an aisle seat, so no window to lean my head against. I barely slept and now have a disabling cramped neck.

After checking in to Rosemund Hostel, I decided not to waste the day and I hiked up Mount Victoria. This is supposedly where they filmed the forest scenes where Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin are fleeing from the Nazgul early in FOTR. I tried to find the exact spot where they were hiding behind the log, but I couldn't.

I just took some general pictures.

It had a fantastic view from the lookout up top.


No comments:

Post a Comment