Thursday, November 28, 2013

New Zealand: Day 11 - Lake Tekapo

Friday, November 29, 2013

Sailing Across the Pacific Ocean 2013 (Part 30) - Lake Tekapo & Milford Sound 


I decided not to walk the 10km back to the bus station and just splurged for the city bus ($3.50 = 1.5 beers).  The Nakedbus was already there and waiting for me, so I didn't have to wait around.

The trip to Lake Tekapo was roughly four hours. The scenery was beautiful the whole way as the mountains gradually got bigger and eventually were snow-capped.

As soon as Lake Tekapo came into sight, everyone was just stunned. You could tell people were impressed when suddenly fifty cameras were pressed against the window, taking shots (including me).

This place is absolutely gorgeous. No picture better sums up the feeling of being here than the following of a guy puking rainbows.

The water is so incredibly bright-blue, it just doesn't seem real below the backdrop of giant snow-capped mountains. 

These tall purple flowers are everywhere along the shoreline.


For those with short attention spans, they have this free zip-line thing to swing around on.

The hostel I am staying at is right on the lake front. I can't believe the views I have for just $25 a night.

After settling in, I took a walk to this little old church overlooking the lake.
If there is any place where you can feel the presence of a deity, this is it.
What an incredible view during Sunday service.

The waterfront behind the church.


No comments:

Post a Comment