Friday, November 22, 2013

New Zealand: Day 2 & 3 - Rotorua & Saying Goodbye to a Dear Friend

Wednesday & Thursday, November 20 & 21, 2013

Sailing Across the Pacific Ocean 2013 (Part 29) - Hobbiton and The Shire


Rotorua was the first stop on my list. I was really only stopping here to go to The Hobbiton/Shire site, but there ended up being much more to love in Rotorua. I stayed at the Downtown Backpackers Hostel, which was fantastic. They are really supportive of low-budget travelling and give a lot away free. They'll even let you work if you can't pay for something.

But enough of that. The Hobbiton site was INCREDIBLE. It was just so serene and peaceful. I want to buy real estate there and just grow my own farm.

Bilbo's House (Bag End)

The Party Grounds (Bilbo's 111th birthday)

Looking across the lake from the party grounds to see the Green Dragon

Samwise Gamgi's house.

The Green Dragon
A tankard of stout and a beef & ale pie.


After I got back from the Shire, I found out a very dear friend of mine passed away. I will try to keep my blog updated best I can, but as it is now, I am just waiting to fly home.

A man unmatched in his sincerity and reliability. He would never judge a person and always accepted you for who you were.
R.I.P. Shaun Czerkes

No comments:

Post a Comment