Thursday, November 28, 2013

New Zealand: Day 12 - Climbing Mt. John

Saturday, November 30, 2013

I took a hike up to the summit of Mt. John today. It was a sunny day, so perfect for a 360 aerial degree view of Tekapo.

The walk alone was worth the trip. The forest resembled what I imagine British Columbia to look like and had the most enchanting aroma.

The lake was glowing a much brighter shade of blue today with the sun beaming down on it.

It was a rough walk after nine sedentary months on a sailboat, but I made it.

Incredible view of the entirety of Lake Tekapo.
It was incredibly windy up here, and very cold.

There was a bar/cafe at the summit! I was so excited to have my highest beer ever.
I was disappointed to fond out they did not serve alcohol, and I was not going to spend $5.50 on a coffee. So I just headed back down the mountain.

I was so mesmorized by this incandescent lake that I walked right past my hostel and had to backtrack half a kilometer.


No comments:

Post a Comment