Sunday, October 28, 2012

NARC Rally 2012, Day 5: Preparing for the Hurricane

October 28, 2012

The wind has picked up a bit and darker clouds are starting to roll in. We got up early this morning and secured the boat down tight. They are expecting the hurricane to hit tomorrow with winds up to 60 mph. I'll take some video shots of it if things get intense enough.

Ron and I walked over to the other harbour where the huge masts were. These boats were unbelievable. Quite a few were in excess of 100 feet in length.

I ate at Benjiman's for lunch today. For $13.00, I got all the following:

House Salad

New England Clam Chowder (Is that the red or the white?!)

And a 1.25 pound lobster!

Newport is home of The America's Cup. Check out the movie "Wind" if you haven't seen it.


Ron and I couldn't find the rest of the NARC Rally members, so we just went back to Benjamin's for dinner again. We got Pumpkin & Cranberry Salmon. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment