Friday, October 26, 2012

NARC Rally 2012, Day 1: Arrival in New York

October 24, 2012

Made my flight today with plenty of time to spare. The plane was delayed by about half an hour due to a grounding order in New York City. It was a nice long wait at the airport, good thing I had Evil Dead Defense on my iPad. You can kill hours playing that.

I was very surprised to find a complimentary snack and beverage (alcohol included) on my one-hour 'discount' flight. Some people were ordering full-out caesars.

We landed at LaGuardia about half an hour late, so I had to get ahold of my Captain (Hank Schmitt), who was picking me up, as soon as possible. I called him from a payphone (not yet an extinct species) who was circling Terminal C in a black car looking for me. I went outside to find a sea of black cars circling Terminal C, but it luckily didn't take too long before we ran into each other.

It was about an hour drive to Bayside harbour where Hank and I loaded up the boat with a few supplies before Hank headed home for the night. I was able to stay on the boat by myself that night, and slept great.

I had dinner at an Irish Pub just across from the harbour, they had a pretty badass reuben and Guinness on tap, so I was happy. Some guy came into the bar when I was eating with a sack full of bootlegged DVDs, selling them at $5.00 a piece.

It was pretty dark when I finally settled in, so I didn't get any pictures, but I'll take some tomorrow before we leave for Newport.

No comments:

Post a Comment