Friday, August 16, 2013

Fiji: Day 12 - 19

Saturday, August 10 to Friday, August 16, 2013

Gary is finally feeling better (he had been sick for over a week), so we have been planning our Fiji exploration trip and waiting for a weather window for the last week.

Gary and I took off in the dinghy the one day to explore the huge bay that Savusavu lies in and the island in the middle of it.

Here is a sad sight. A sailboat that has just been left to die. I wished the owner would have just given it to me to keep up so I could put it to good use. Now it's not even worth the cost of fixing it up.

It was my birthday on the 13th, so Gary and Jan brought me to Surf 'n Turf for lunch (the 'poshest' restaurant in town). All my friends showed up for the party:
It's like the Nickleback Fan Club in here.

Seriously though, it's a nice little spot right on the water and the same place we had the Curly seminar a few weeks ago.

It looks like we are leaving first thing in the morning tomorrow and heading northeast for 'Naqelelevu Lagoon' (however you pronounce that).

No comments:

Post a Comment