Thursday, February 28, 2013

Isla Mujeres: Day 6 - New slip

We got up early this morning an embarked on our second glorious sailing passage to a new slip a few hundred feet away. Some mega-yacht was coming in, so we had to move. Jan was on the dock and threw me the bow line at first, but no one was there to grab the stern line. So she threw that to me and I made an epic catch just as the coil came to an end at the last bit of rope (think Indiana Jones style whipping sound). I was then rocking both the bow and stern line like some sort of cowboy. I was the only one who noticed this awesomeness...

We are now surrounded by fishing boats.



The dock is lined with fisherman at the end of the day, drinking beer while cutting and cleaning their catch for buyers.

We got some more work done on the boat today. The rain kept us from doing some of our projects, but we still got a decent amount done. I had to swim under the boat to declog the A/C seacock. That was fun in the gross marina water. I kept looking around thinking there was a barricuda under me.

We went for another little walk in the rain afterward, just to get out of the hot-as-balls boat (with broken A/C). This time we walked along the east side of the island along some old rundown boardwalk thing.



We got the A/C working again in the evening! The pump needed to be re-primed. It's so nice in here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment