Monday, April 8, 2013

Galapagos: Day 7 - Surfing

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Veroníca had a few surf boards at her house, so we took those to the local surf spot and I tried surfing for the first time. The locals got a good laugh at the gringo repeatedly falling off the surf board, But I WAS able to get up and stay up after an hour or so.



















I went to see a free Ecuadorian movie at night with Veroníca, which was supposed to have english subtitles, but we couldn't get them to work. So I had no idea what was going on in the movie. I googled the name of the movie afterward and found out it was about two brothers who mysteriously went missing 20 years ago and this was their sister's documentary to bring light to the situation and possibly find some answers. They never found the bodies, but they were able to determine the boys were abducted by police officers, beaten and killed, and the bodies dumped in the river Jumba. The movie was called "With My Heart in Jumba", and was actually pretty good now that I understand it, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment